it seems lately on pinterest that there are a lot of little posts that are how to be kind to your kids, or how to raise them...or what to say to them so they grow up right (i have no clue what that even means)...but the thing is every child is different and what works for one doesn't work for the other...so these are some of the things that i have learned since becoming a mom...
1) not all babies sleep...i was told that all babies sleep all the time...apparently Liam did not get this message...he hates to sleep, and will fight sleep until he literally passes out...he can stay up way past his father and I...but i will get my revenge when he is a teenager ;)
2) Being a parent is harder than anyone will ever tell you...I'm not sure why, but it seems as if there is some unspoken rule about not telling the whole truth about having kids...seriously most days i want to rip my hair out and climb into a bottle of gin...believe me i love my son as much as someone can love their child...but seriously he is so full of energy and stamina that he just never stops and while he likes to help do the dishes and fold laundry getting him to clean up his own stuff is like pulling teeth, and recently we entered the "I hate you" stage...good times, my friends, good times
3) Sweats are the most amazing invention ever!!!
4) parents, especially other moms, are some of the most judge mental people ever!!! No one does it the same and as long as the child is being cared for who cares...I believe as moms it would nice if we could support each other and not judge or compare..
5) Children are disgusting...the spit, poop, pee, vomit, have snotty noses, which they will pick and wipe all over you, and do not care...and 9 out 10 times all this happens on the parent...
6) there is no greater feeling than when your child says to "I love you"
7) as a parent you cannot win, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't
8) when you become a parent it seems everyone has advice for you...even people who do not have children...i was once told that if i tired my child out more he would sleep better (this came from someone who has no children and has no clue what my son is like), here is the thing with Liam...we could spend all day running around and it will not help, and in fact make things worse as he will be overtired and even crazier and grumpier and just plain grouchy
9) as a parent you will be required to read the same story a million times, sing the same song a million times, play the same game a million times, watch the same movie a million times...all the while having a smile on your face
10) there is nothing harder or more wonderful then having a child...:)
what are some of the things that you have learned since becoming a parent?